Ari Tempkin and Jeremy Mandel were kind enough to invite me on their Steak, Bourbon & Sports podcast last night. Really enjoyed discussing private barrel picks with them. Check it out!
The Bourbon Oracle | Michael Lazar | Steak, Bourbon & Sports Podcast – Steak, Bourbon & Sports
Steak Bourbon and Sports Ep. 32 The Bourbon Oracle Pt. 1 Guest: Michael Lazar https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-lazar-4b59a74 Jeremy Mandel (@jeremymandel) and Ari Temkin (@arisports) welcome Michael Lazar from Hard Water Bar. Lazar knows more about American Whiskey than just about anyone else on the planet. On the first part of this two part episode, Lazar shares stories from barrel picking, what he thinks will happen to the craft distillers business and the future of American whiskey. Follow along on Instagram: @SteakBourbonSports Follow on twitter: @SBSPod Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2CJteXOLZSNWan4FS7iU8w?sub_confirmation=1 6:36 What do you think is the one thing in your teachings that people don't fundamentally understand? 11:18 What do you feel like the future of the industry looks like? 18:38 How do you feel about companies that go from sourcing whiskey from other companies to producing their own? 23:08 What's your take on barrel finishing in general? 26:33 The trend in small production whiskey with finish went thru the roof. Now you are constantly seeing two year old whiskeys aged in cognac barrels, beer barrels, etc. Now you have rough whiskey finished with something that rounds it out. 29:38 Michael Lazar: "An experience that any whiskey drinker should have is to pick barrels with Eddie Russel at Wild Turkey." Available for download on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher and on clnsmedia.com
- The Bourbon Oracle | Michael Lazar | Steak, Bourbon & Sports Podcast
- Barrel Picking in a time of COVID | Julian Friedman | Steak, Bourbon & Sports Podcast
- Sexy Whiskey | Steak Bourbon and Sports with Ari Temkin and Jeremy Mandel
- Not all Store Picks are Created Equal | Brett Atlas | Steak Bourbon and Sports with Ari Temkin and Jeremy Mandel
- When Europe Has Better Bourbon | Steak Bourbon and Sports with Ari Temkin and Jeremy Mandel